Dr FU Xiuqiong
- Research Assistant Professor, Teaching and Research Division
- Pharmaceutical Sciences in Chinese Medicine
Dr. Fu is currently a Research Assistant Professor at School of Chinese Medicine. She graduated with B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in Southern Medical University in 2009 and 2012, respectively. She obtained his Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutical Sciences in Chinese Medicine from Hong Kong Baptist University in 2017. He then received postdoctoral training at the School of Chinese Medicine of Hong Kong Baptist University from 2017 to 2020.
Dr. Fu's research interests are anticancer properties of Chinese medicines and novel pathogenic factors of cancers.
- Fu XQ#, Liu B#, Wang YP, Li JK, Zhu PL, Li T, Tse KW, Chou JY, Yin CL, Bai JX, Liu YX, Chen YJ, Yu ZL. Activation of STAT3 is a key event in TLR4 signaling-mediated melanoma progression. Cell Death Dis. 2020;11(4):246.
- Wang YP#, Fu XQ#, Yin CL, Chou JY, Liu YX, Bai JX, Chen YJ, Wu Y, Wu JY, Wang XQ, Liu B, Yu ZL. A traditional Chinese medicine formula inhibits tumor growth in mice and regulates the miR-34b/c-Met/β-catenin pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2020;260:113065. (Co-first author)
- Chen YJ#, Zhu JQ#, Fu XQ#, Su T, Li T, Guo H, Zhu PL, Lee SK, Yu H, Tse AK, Yu ZL.Ribosome-Inactivating Protein α-Momorcharin Derived from Edible Plant Momordica charantia Induces Inflammatory Responses by Activating the NF-kappaB and JNK Pathways. Toxins (Basel). 2019;11(12). pii: E694. (Co-first author)
- Zhu P#, Li J#, Fu X#, Yu Z.Schisandra fruits for the management of drug-induced liver injury in China: A review. Phytomedicine. 2019;59:152760. (Co-first author)
- Liu YX, Bai JX, Li T, Fu XQ, Chen YJ, Zhu PL, Chou JY, Yin CL, Li JK, Wang YP, Wu JY, Yu ZL. MiR-let-7a/f-CCR7 signaling is involved in the anti-metastatic effects of an herbal formula comprising Sophorae Flos and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos in melanoma. Phytomedicine. 2019;64:153084.
- Liu YX, Bai JX, Li T, Fu XQ, Guo H, Zhu PL, Chan YC, Chou JY, Yin CL, Li JK, Wang YP, Chen YJ, Yu ZL. A TCM formula comprising Sophorae Flos and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos alters compositions of immune cells and molecules of the STAT3 pathway in melanoma microenvironment. Pharmacol Res. 2019;142:115-126. [Best Research Article Award]
- Zhu P, Zheng Z, Fu X, Li J, Yin C, Chou J, Wang Y, Liu Y, Chen Y, Bai J, Wu J, Chen S, Yu ZL. Arnicolide D exerts anti-melanoma effects and inhibits the NF-κB pathway. Phytomedicine. 2019;64:153065.
- Zhu PL, Fu XQ, Li JK, Tse AK, Guo H, Yin CL, Chou JY, Wang YP, Liu YX, Chen YJ, Hossen MJ, Zhang Y, Pan SY, Zhao ZJ, Yu ZL. Antrodia camphorata Mycelia Exert Anti-liver Cancer Effects and Inhibit STAT3 Signaling in vitro and in vivo. Front Pharmacol. 2018;9:1449.
- Fu XQ#, Chou JY#, Li T, Zhu PL, Li JK, Yin CL, Su T, Guo H, Lee KW, Hossen MJ, Chou GX, Yu ZL. The JAK2/STAT3 pathway is involved in the anti-melanoma effects of atractylenolide I. Exp Dermatol. 2018;27:201-204. (First author)
- Liu B#, Fu XQ#, Li T, Su T, Guo H, Zhu PL, Tse AK, Liu SM, Yu ZL. Computational and experimental prediction of molecules involved in the anti-melanoma action of berberine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;208:225-235. (Co-first author)
- Li T, Fu X, Tse AK, Guo H, Lee KW, Liu B, Su T, Wang X, Yu Z. Inhibiting STAT3 signaling is involved in the anti-melanoma effects of a herbal formula comprising Sophorae Flos and Lonicerae Japonicae Flos. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):3097.
- Tse AK, Chen YJ, Fu XQ, Su T, Li T, Guo H, Zhu PL, Kwan HY, Cheng BC, Cao HH, Lee SK, Fong WF, Yu ZL. Sensitization of melanoma cells to alkylating agent-induced DNA damage and cell death via orchestrating oxidative stress and IKKβ inhibition. Redox Biol. 2017;11:562-576.
- Kwan HY, Chao X, Su T, Fu X, Tse AK, Fong WF, Yu ZL. The anticancer and antiobesity effects of Mediterranean diet. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017;57(1):82-94.
- Zeng P, Liu B, Wang Q, Fan Q, Diao JX, Tang J, Fu XQ*, Sun XG*, Apigenin Attenuates Atherogenesis through Inducing Macrophage Apoptosis via Inhibition of AKT Ser473 Phosphorylation and Downregulation of Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-2, Oxid Med Cell Longev, 2015, 2015:379538. (Co-corresponding author)
- Wang Q, Zeng P, Liu Y, Wen G, Fu X*, Sun X*, Inhibition of autophagy ameliorates atherogenic inflammation by augmenting apigenin-induced macrophage apoptosis, Int Immunopharmacol, 2015;27(1):24-31. (Co-corresponding author)
- Cao HH, Cheng CY, Su T, Fu XQ, Guo H, Li T, Tse AK, Kwan HY, Yu H, Yu ZL. Quercetin inhibits HGF/c-Met signaling and HGF-stimulated melanoma cell migration and invasion. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:103.
- Kwan HY, Chao X, Su T, Fu XQ, Liu B, Tse AK, Fong WF, Yu ZL. Dietary lipids and adipocytes: potential therapeutic targets in cancers. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26(4):303-311.
- Kwan HY, Fu X, Liu B, Chao X, Chan CL, Cao HH, Su T, Tse AK, Fong WF, Yu ZL. Subcutaneous adipocytes promote melanoma cell growth by activating Akt signaling pathway: role of palmitic acid. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30525-30537.
- Fu XQ, Chou GX, Kwan HY, Tse AK, Zhao LH, Yuen TK, Cao HH, Yu H, Chao XJ, Su T, Cheng BC, Sun XG, Yu ZL. Inhibition of STAT3 signalling contributes to the antimelanoma action of atractylenolide II. Exp Dermatol. 2014;23:855-857.
- 韩钦芮,符秀琼,禹志领,孙学刚.肿瘤微环境的脾虚本质探讨.中医杂志,2014;4(55):292-298. [2014 年度领跑者 5000 中国精品科技期刊顶尖学术论文]
- Li CH#, Lin DL#, Fu XQ#, Zhang LH, Fan Q, Liu YW, Zhao L, Wen G, Jing LL, Zeng P, Li K, Sun XG. Apigenin up-regulates transgelin and inhibits invasion and migration of colorectal cancer through decreased phosphorylation of AKT. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1766-1775. (Co-first author)
- 符秀琼, 吕志平, 孙学刚, 转化中医学:一种沟通中医基础与临床的研究策略, 中医杂志. 2012;53(3):185-186.
- Sun XG#, Fu XQ#, Cai HB#, Liu Q, Li CH, Liu YW, Li YJ, Liu ZF, Song YH, Lv ZP, Proteomic analysis of protective effects of polysaccharides from Salvia miltiorrhiza against immunological liver injury in mice, Phytother Res. 2011;25(7):1087-1094. (Co-first author)