Panel of Adjudicators, Selection Criteria and Selection Procedures
- A Panel of Adjudicators comprising scholars and scientists in related fields from different parts of the world invited by the Hong Kong Baptist University is responsible for selecting the awardee(s) of the Award.
- The Panel of Adjudicators is led by a chairperson and comprised a minimum of four other members. The chairperson and at least three of the Panel members shall not be members of the Hong Kong Baptist University. The chairperson and Panel members shall be appointed by the Hong Kong Baptist University, normally for a term of two years (for one Award exercise).
- The Panel of Adjudicators is supported by the Award Secretariat set up at the School of Chinese Medicine of the Hong Kong Baptist University. The Award Secretariat is responsible for matters pertaining to the operation and promotion of the Award.
- The Panel of Adjudicators shall meet to select the awardee(s) from among the qualified nominees by taking into consideration relevant factors including, inter alia, the nominees' contribution to the Chinese medicine sector, achievements in advancing the internationalisation of Chinese medicine, and academic/professional influence in the international arena.
- The Panel of Adjudicators shall conduct the selection in an independent, impartial, and fair manner and keep the discussions at Panel meeting(s) as well as all documents and information pertaining to the Award in strict confidence. The Panel of Adjudicators has the discretion to solicit expert opinions from professionals outside of the Panel.
- The Panel of Adjudicators shall decide on the nomination procedures, selection criteria and selection procedures.
- Information on the awardee(s) and the grounds for granting the Award to the awardee(s) will be posted on the Award webpage for public scrutiny.
- If any named person lodges an objection to the selection result in writing with reasons, the Executive Committee of the School of Chinese Medicine of the Hong Kong Baptist University shall consider and decide on the appeal, and the Panel of Adjudicators shall then decide on the final awardee(s) by majority votes.