1. How much is the tuition fee?

    The current tuition fee for local students is HK42,100 per year while for non-local students is HK$120,000 per year.

  2. Does the University provide any admission scholarship?

    The School sets up an scholarship of "Admission Scholarship for Outstanding Local Students" for the current Form 6 students with outstanding HKDSE results. In addition, the University offers scholarships to SCM students with outstanding academic achievement or students with financial needs.

    Moreover, students can apply for the financial assistance scheme administered by the Student Financial Assistance Agency of the Government.

  3. How many students will be admitted in each academic year?

    The annual intake for Bachelor of Chinese Medicine and Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biomedical Science and Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) in Chinese Medicine is around 30 and 15 respectively.

  4. Do the two programmes offer part-time study?

    They are both full-time programmes. We do not offer part-time study.

  5. What is the class schedule of the programmes?

    The University schedules classes between 8:30 am – 6:30 pm for Monday to Friday. In some circumstances, classes may be arranged in the evening and Saturday.

  6. Who should apply through JUPAS?

    You SHOULD apply through JUPAS if you belong to one of the following categories:

    1. Current secondary school student in Hong Kong sitting for the HKDSE in the year of admission. All school applicants must apply via their respective schools.
    2. "Non-school applicant" who has either already obtained HKDSE results or expect to obtain the necessary results in HKDSE in the year of admission as a private candidate that would make you eligible for admission to the study programmes, AND you are not currently enrolled in a full-time or sandwich bachelor's degree programme in one of the 9 JUPAS member-institutions / participating institution(s).
      Details can be found at http://www.jupas.edu.hk

  7. What is the calculation of academic scores and subject weights for HKDSE subject?  

    Please refer to the details at http://ar.hkbu.edu.hk/pros/admiss_schemes/jupas_hkdse/asse_criteria/

  8. Are there any interviews and what is the arrangement for JUPAS candidates?

    Yes, candidates may be selected for interviews. Shortlisting for interview will be given to candidates who choose our programmes as their Band A choices and with good academic results. The 1st round of interview takes place in mid-June while the 2nd round takes place after releasing the HKDSE results. The format and the bonus awarded of two rounds of interview will be the same, thus, the shortlisted applicants will only be interviewed once. It will be conducted mainly in English and Putonghua.

  9. Who should apply through Non-JUPAS?
    1. All other applicants seeking admission on the strength of qualifications other than HKDSE results of the current year
    2. Non-local applicants
    3. Citizens of Mainland China

    Note: Citizens of Mainland China entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education with a student visa/ entry permit issued by the Director of Immigration should follow either one of the following routes for admission:

    • applicants DO NOT sit for the current entry of National Joint College Entrance Examination (JEE) of Mainland China or who want to apply on the strength of other qualifications (apart from JEE and HKDSE) should apply through Non-JUPAS admission scheme;
    • applicants attending the current entry of JEE should apply for admission via the University's Admission Scheme for Mainland Students.

  10. What is the minimum requirement for "Non-JUPAS" applicants?
    • Please refer to the HKBU General University Admission Requirement in here
    • Non-JUPAS applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.  

  11. When are the interviews for Non-JUPAS applicants?

    The interviews usually takes place between February to May each year.

  12. When will the "Non-JUPAS" admission open for application?

    From late November to mid-January. Please refer to the HKBU Academic Registry for details.
    Note: Late application will not be considered.