Dr YANG Zhijun
- Associate Professor, Teaching and Research Division
- Expert in Pharmaceutical Formulation in Chinese Materia Medica and Drug Delivery System
Dr Yang graduated at Shenyang Pharmaceutical University in 1986, after that he became a tutor and then lecturer in China Pharmaceutical University. During the period, he learned basic theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine at Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and conducted research in Gifu Pharmaceutical University in Japan as a visiting scholar. In 1993, he studied in Chiba University in Japan as a doctoral candidate, and obtained the PhD. in Pharmaceutical Science in 1997. Subsequently, Dr YANG assumed the duty of a researcher in TaiYo Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd in Japan. In 2000, he carried out his postdoctoral research in University of British Columbia, Canada. One year later, he served in Northern Lipids Inc. in Canada as a scientist to develop Liposome Formulation. Over these years, Dr Yang has been engaged in development and research in pharmaceutics for chemical and natural active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). He has attained remarkable results both in publications and pharmacy market products. Currently Dr Yang is focusing on the most front line research of the pharmaceutics to develop the formulation of API by combining the theories of Traditional Chinese Medicines (TCM) and Drug Delivery System (DDS).
- Baosheng Guo, Lizhen Zheng, Tao Tang, Yang Zhijun, Zhaoxiang Bian, Heng Wu, Baoting Zhang, Albert WN Leung, Heelum Chow, Songlin Peng,Yaping Li, Dahu Li, Xinluan Wang, Yixin He, Kwongman Lee, Leungkim Hung, Fuchu He, Lingqiang Zhang*, Qin Ling*, Ge Zhang*. Therapeutic RNAi targeting CKIP-1 with cross-species sequence to stimulate bone. Formation, Arthritis and Rheumatism. (under review). IF: 7.866, 10.3% in Rheumatology.
- Yang Zhijun*, Aiping Lu, Blenda Chi Kwan Wong, Xiaoyu Chen, Zhaoxiang Bian, Zhongzhen Zhao, Wenhua Huang, Ge Zhang, Hubiao Chen, Min Xu. Effect of liposomes on the absorption of water-soluble active pharmaceutical ingredients via oral administration. Current Pharmaceutical Design. (in printing) PMID: 23621538 2013 Apr 23. [Epub ahead of print] [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]. IF: 3.870, 8.8% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy.
- Zhang M, Zang KH, Luo JL, Leung FP, Huang Y, Lin CY, Yang ZJ, Lu AP, Tang XD, Xu HX, Sung JJ, Bian ZX. Magnolol inhibits colonic motility through down-regulation of voltage-sensitive L-type Ca2+ channels of colonic smooth muscle cells in rats. Phytomedicine. 2013 Aug 21. doi:pii: S0944-7113(13)00271-7. 10.1016/j.phymed. 2013.07.008. [Epub ahead of print]; PMID: 23972358 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Xiao HT, Tsang SW, Qin HY, Choi FF, Yang ZJ, Han QB, Chen HB, Xu HX, Shen H, Lu AP, Bian ZX. A bioactivity-guided study on the anti-diarrheal activity of Polygonum chinense Linn. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013 Sep 16;149(2):499-505. doi: 10.1016/j.jep. 2013.07.007. Epub 2013 Jul 26. PMID: 23895917 [PubMed - in process]
- Xiaogang Wang, Baosheng Guo, Qi Li, Jiang Peng, Yang Zhijun, Aiyuan Wang, Dong Li, Zhibo Hou, Ke Lv, Guanghan Kan, Heng Wu, Jinping Song, Xiaohua Pan, Qiao Sun, Shukuan Ling, Yuheng Li, Mu Zhu, Pengfei Zhang, Songlin Peng, Xiaoqing Xie, An Hong, Ling Qin, Leungkim Hung, Yinghui Li, Zhaoxiang Bian, Yanqiang Bai, Aiping Lu, Shanguang Chen, Fuchu He, Ge Zhang*, Yingxian Li*. miR-214 targets ATF4 to inhibit bone formation. Nature Medicine. 19(1) 93-100 (JANUARY 2013) 27.887, 0.94% in Medicine, Research & Experimental
- Xiaoyu Chen, Wenhua Huang, Blenda Chi Kwan Wong, Linlin Yin, Yuen Fan Wong, Min Xu, Yang Zhijun*. Liposomes prolong the therapeutic effect of anti-asthmatic medication via pulmonary delivery. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2012; 7:1139-1148. IF: 4.424, 7.14% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Zhu GY, Wong BC, Lu A, Bian ZX, Zhang G, Chen HB, Wong YF, Fong WF*, Yang Zhijun*. Alkylphenols from the Roots of Ardisia brevicaulis Induce G1 Arrest and Apoptosis through Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Pathway in Human Non-small-cell Lung Cancer Cells. Chem Pharm Bull. 2012; 60(8):1029-36. IF: 1.507, 40.8% in Chemistry, Multidisciplinary
- Zhang M, Luo JL, Leung FP, Huang Y, Bian, ZX*, Yang Zhijun, Lu AP, Tang XD, Xu HX, Sung JJY. Inhibitory effect of magnolol on colonic motility is mediated through down-regulation of voltage-sensitive L-type Ca2+ channels of colonic smooth muscle cells in rats. Journal of natural products. (in printing). IF: 3.128, 14.9% in Plant Sciences.
- Min Xu*, Xiao Ying Tian, Kelvin Sze-Yin Leung, Kam Cheong Lee, Tak Chong Chow, Bin Deng, Chi Ming Yiu, Chi I Chow, Zhong Zhen Zhao, Yang Zhijun, Fong Wang Fun, Ting Ting Xiao, Wei Xu, and Ping Xiang Deng. Embryotoxicity of Psoralea corylifolia L.: in vivo and in vitro studies. Birth Defects Research Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology. 2012; 95:386–394; DOI: 10.1002/bdrb.21028. IF: 1.931, 62.7% in Toxicology
- Ge Zhang*, Baosheng Guo, Heng Wu, Tao Tang, Baoting Zhang, Lizhen Zheng, Yixin He, Yang Zhijun, Xiaohua Pan, Heelum Chow, Kinwah To, Yaping Li, Dahu Li, Xinluan Wang, Yixiang Wang, Kwongman Lee, Zhibo Hou, Nan Dong, Gang Li, Kwoksui Leung, Leungkim Hung, Fuchu He, Lingqiang Zhang*, Ling Qin*. A delivery system targeting bone formation surfaces to facilitate RNAi-based anabolic therapy. Nature Medicine. 2012; 18(2): 307-314. IF: 27.887, 0.94% in Medicine, Research & Experimental
- He Yi-Xin, Liu Zhong, Pan Xiao-Hua, Tang Tao, Guo Bao-Sheng, Zhen Li-zhen, Xie Xin-Hui, Wang Xin-Luan, Lee Kwong-Man, Li Gang, Cao Yong-Ping, Wei Lei, Chen Yang, Yang Zhijun, Hung Leung-Kim, Qin Ling, Zhang Ge*. Deletion of estrogen receptor beta accelerates early stage of bone healing in a mouse osteotomy model. Osteoporosis International. 2012, 23:377–389 (DOI 10.1007/s00198-011-1812-x). IF: 4.695, 19.8% in Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Hiu-Yee Kwan, Yang Zhijun, Wang-Fun Fong, Yong-Mei Hu, Zhi-Ling Yu, Wen-Luan Wendy Hsiao*. The anticancer effect of oridonin is mediated by fatty acid synthase suppression in human colorectal cancer cells, Journal of Gastroenterology. 2012, DOI 10.1007/s00535- 012-0612-1. IF: 2.91, 18.9% in Gastroenterology & Hematology
- Hiu Yee Kwan, Wang Fun Fong, Zhijun Yang, Zhi-Ling Yu* , Wen-Luan Wendy Hsiao*. Inhibition of DNA-dependent protein kinase reduced palmitate and oleate-induced lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells. European Journal of Nutrition. 2012. DOI 10.1007/s00394- 012- 0467-5, IF: 2.75, 7.79% in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Tao Yi, Hongwing Lo, Zhongzhen Zhao, Zhiling Yu, Yang Zhijun and Hubiao Chen*. Comparison of the Chemical Composition and Pharmacological Effects of the Aqueous and Ethanolic Extracts from a Tibetan “Snow Lotus” (Saussurea laniceps) Herb. Molecules. 17, 7183-7194; doi:10.3390/molecules17067183. 2012, IF: 2.411, 46.4% in Chemistry organic
- Hong-Yan Qin, Hai-Tao Xiao, Fung-Ping Leung, Yang Zhijun, Justin C. Y. Wu, Joseph J. Y. Sung, Hong-Xi Xu, Xu-Dong Tong, and Zhao-Xiang Bian*. JCM-16021, a Chinese Herbal Formula, Attenuated Visceral Hyperalgesia in TNBS-Induced Postinflammatory Irritable Bowel Syndrome through Reducing Colonic EC Cell Hyperplasia and Serotonin Availability in Rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012, Article ID 239638, 12 pages doi:10.1155/2012/239638. IF: 4.774, 17.6% in Integrative & Complementary Medicine
- Tao Yi, Yina Tang, Jianye Zhang, Zhongzhen Zhao, Yang Zhijun, Hubiao Chen*. Characterization and determination of six flavonoids in the ethnomedicine "Dragon's Blood" by UPLC-PAD-MS. Chemistry Central Journal. 2012; 6:116. IF:3.281, 8.6% in Chemistry, Multidisciplinary
- Shufang Nie, Wendy W L Hsiao, Weisan Pan, Yang Zhijun*. Thermoreversible Pluronic® F127-based hydrogel containing liposomes for the controlled delivery of paclitaxel: in vitro drug release, cell cytotoxicity and uptake studies. International Journal of Nanomedicin. 2011; 6: 151-166. IF: 4.424, 7.14% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Xiao Ying Tian, Min Xu*, Bin Deng, Kelvin Sze-Yin Leung, King Fai Cheng, Zhong Zhen Zhao, Shi Ping Zhang, Yang Zhijun, Ping Xiang Deng, Dong Ying Xu, Xiao Ping Xu, Irene Koo, Michael Wong. The effects of Boehmeria nivea (L.) Gaud. on embryonic development: in vivo and in vitro studies. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2011; 134: 393–398. IF: 2.466, 19.05% in Integrative & Complementary Medicine
- Wenhua Huang, Yang Zhijun*, Heng Wu, Yuenfan Wong, Zhongzhen Zhao, Liang Liu. Development of liposomal salbutamol dry powder inhaler formulation. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2010; 33(3): 512-517. IF: 1.811, 60.7% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Lin ZX*, Jiao BW, Che CT, Zuo Z, Mok CF, Zhao M, Ho WKK, Tse WP, Lam KY, Fan RQ, Yang Zhijun, Cheng CHK. Ethyl acetate fraction of the root of Rubia cordifolia L. inhibits keratinocyte proliferation in vitro and promotes keratinocyte differentiation in vivo: potential application for psoriasis treatment. Phytotherapy Research. 2010; 24(7): 1056-1064. IF: 1.878, 46.3% in Chemistry, Medicinal
- Yang Zhijun*, David Fong, Linlin Yin, Yuenfan Wong, Wenhua Huang. Liposomes modulate docetaxel-induced lipid oxidization and membrane damage in human hepatoma cells. Journal of Liposome Research. 2009; 19(2): 122-130. IF: 1.823, 60.3% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Yang Zhijun*, Chi Sun Wong, Chun Yang, Zhi-Hong Jiang, Zhongzhen Zhao, Liang Liu. Control Release Effects of Binders Used in Pills of Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs. Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2006; 54(2): 188-195. IF: 1.507, 40.8% in Chemistry, Multidisciplinary
- Bian Zhao Xiang*, Zhang Gen Shui, Wong Ka Leung, Hu Xu Guang, Liu Liang, Yang Zhijun, Li Min. Inhibitory effects of magnolol on distal colon of guinea pig in vitro. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2006; 29(4): 790-795. IF: 1.811, 60.7% in Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Chong Johnson H. F., Ho John K. L. *, Yang Zhijun. Fong W. F.. Investigation of Extraction Controls for the Production of Herbal Medicine Concoctions. In Proceedings of IMECS. 2007. pp.2218~2222
- Chong J H F, Ho John K. L.*, Yang Zhijun & Fong W F. Extraction Processes in Making a Herbal Medicine Concoction. International MultiConference of Engineers and Commuter Scientists. 2006. 20-22 June, 2006. Hong Kong. Proceedings: pp.671-676.
- Chong JHF , Ho JKL*, Fong WF, Yang Zhijun. Controlled extraction of chinese medical herbs in boiling water. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. December 14-17, 2005. Hong Kong. Proceedings. pp.1046-1050.
- Yang Zhijun*, Seki H, Yonemochi E, Oguchi T, Yamamoto K. Molecular interaction in solvents between water insoluble drug nitrazepam and pharmaceutical excipients. Journal of China Pharmaceutical University. [Chinese] 1998; 29: 408-12.
- Watanabe D, Ohta M, Yang Zhijun, Yonemochi E, Oguchi T, Yamamoto K*. Formation of a hepatakis-(2,6-di-O-methyl)-cyclodextrin-p-nitrophenol inclusion compound by sealed heating. Chemical &. Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 1996; 44: 833-6. IF: 1.507, 40.8% in Chemistry, Multidisciplinary
- Yang Zhijun, Yonemochi E, Seki H, Yano K, Yamamoto K*. Molecular interaction in solvent between pharmaceutical excipients and water insoluble drug (R)-1-[2,3-dihydro-1-(2'-methyl- pheny)-2- oxo- 5-phenyl-1H-1,4-benzodiazepin-3-yl]-3- (3-methylpenyl) Urea. YAKUZAIGAKU (Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology) [Japanese] 1996; 56: 224-31.
- Hino T, Yang Zhijun, Takeuchi H, Kawashima Y*. Molecular interaction of baicalein and phosphatidyl- choline in liposome membrane. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 1993; 160: 483-6. IF: 3.224, 31.5% in Chemistry, Physical
- Yang Zhijun*, Hino T, Kawashima Y. Size of rehydrated new liposome from scutellaria proliposome. Journal of China Pharmaceutical University. [Chinese] 1993; 24: 161-4.
- Yang Zhijun*. Luo HW. A novel technique of extracting for the Chinese Medicine. Yao Xue Jin Zhan. [Chinese] 1990; 14: 81-4.
- 楊智鈞*：中藥透皮吸收製劑的設計與方法，侯世祥*主編, 現代中藥製劑設計理論與實踐，pp.633-649, 人民衛生出版社，2010，北京
- Zhongzhen Zhao*, Peigen Xiao, ..., Yang Zhijun. Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants, Vol.1—Vol.4, Shanghai World Publishing Corporation, Shanghai, 2009.
- Yang Zhijun*, Zhao Zhongzhen,. “The way of the development of herbal medicinal products,” Chinese Herbal Drug Research Trends, ed. Felix M. Ching*, pp.21-29, Nova Science, New York, USA, 2008.
- Zhao Zhongzhen*, Yang Zhijun, et al. “Supply and cultivation of medicinal plants in Japan,” Annals of Traditional Chinese Medicine Vol.2: Chinese Medicine Quality Control of Herbs and Herbal Material, pp.59-72, World Scientific, 2006.
- 趙中振*, 肖培根，…，楊智鈞… . 當代藥用植物典，第1冊—第4冊，香港賽馬會中藥研究院有限公司，香港聯合書刊物流有限公司，2006，香港
- Yang Zhijun*. “The ideas for the policy of developing the new drug and new dosage forms,” The Propositional Book to China for the Development in 21st century, [Chinese], ed. Chen W*., pp. 286-9, Economic Science Press, Beijing, China, 1998.
- Zhao xiang Bian, Guo-Yuan Zhu, Yang Zhijun* (post presentation). New alkylphenols from Ardisia brevicaulis induce cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway in non-small-cell lung cancer cells. Natural Bioactives Conference. July 9-11, 2012, London, Ontario Canada, Reference ID: 0177-000010
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), David Wang-fun Fong, Wenhua Huang, and Yuan Fan Wong. Nano-vesicles increase the effects of active pharmaceutical Ingredients. BIT's 4th Annual World Congress of Industrial Biotechnology, April 25-30, 2011, Daian World EXPO Center, China.
- Wenhua Huang (oral presentation), Yang Zhijun*, Ping Hu, Chisun Wong, Linlin Yin. The acting timing of factors on the drug release from the semipermeable coated tablets. The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) – National University of Singapore (NUS) Student Chapter: A Student-Initiated Joint Symposium，28-29 June, 2007, Shanghai, China.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), WF Fong, JHF Chong, JKL Ho. Exploring robotization of the water boiling process for Chinese medical herbs. 2006 World Congress on Chinese Medicine: Charting the Course of Development, November 23-25, 2006, Hong Kong
- JHF Chong (oral presentation), JKL Ho*, Yang Zhijun, WF Fong. Extraction processes in making a Chinese herb medicine. Best Student Paper Award, IAENG International Workshop on Industrial Engineering. 2006
- JHF Chong (oral presentation), JKL Ho*, WF Fong, Yang Zhijun. Controlled extraction of Chinese medical herbs in boiling water. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), December 14-17, 2005, Hong Kong.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), Zhao Zhongzheng, Jian Zhi-Hong, Liu Liang. Investigation of the control release on the traditional pills. The 125th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, March 30, 2005, Japan.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), The consideration for the internationalization of pharmaceutical products belonging Chinese meteria medica. The Third International Congress on Traditional Medicine, November 13-15, 2004, Beijing International Convention Center, Beijing, China.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), Zhao Zhongzhen, Jian Zhi-Hong, Liu, Liang. Timed API release from dehydrolyzed honey as a Chinese pharmaceutical necessity. The 124th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, 2004, Japan.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), The application of the pharmaceutical technology on the development of the New drugs of Chinese Medicine, China Nanzhao Advanced Forum of Lily Magnolia, November 2003, Nanzhao, China.
- Yang Zhijun (oral presentation), Yonemochi Etsuo, Oguchi Toshio, Yamamoto Keiji*. The effect of molecular interaction to the fettle of base drug in the solid dispersoid. Symposium of Pharmacy for the celebration of 20th Anniversary of the sister city relationship of Nagoya Japan and Nanjing China as Sister-City-ship, 1998.
- Yang Zhijun (oral presentation), Yonemochi Etsuo, Oguchi Toshio, Yano Katsuhiko, Yamamoto Keiji*. The molecule interaction between the insoluble base drug and HPMC, PVP or HCO-60. The 116th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, 1996, Japan.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), The Relationship of Crystal From and the Manufacturing Process of Dosage Form. Conference of the 50th Anniversary Ceremony of China Pharmaceutical University, 1996, Nanjing China.
- Yang Zhijun (oral presentation), Yonemochi Etsuo, Oguchi Toshio, Yamamoto Keiji*. The molecular interaction between the excipients and nitrazepam in the solution. The 40th Meeting of Kanto Branch of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, 1996, Japan.
- Yang Zhijun (oral presentation), Hino Tomoaki, Takeuchi Hirofumi, Niwa Toshiyuki, Kawashima Yoshiaki*. Preparation of proliposome encapsulated with powder extracted from Scutellaria Baicalensis Georgi. The 112th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, 1992, Japan.
- Yang Zhijun* (oral presentation), Chunqiu Li, Wei Yang. The Alcoholism resulting from the excessive drinking of wines & its treatment with traditional Chinese medicines. The 5thInternational Symposium for Traditional Chinese Medicine, December 1991, Nangjing, China,
- 楊智鈞*: 糖尿病食療, 明報, 2004年2月 17日